ircb is a versatile IRC Bouncer, made for scale. It was born out of our sheer requirements for a better IRC bouncer when hosting the demo instance of waartaa. A bouncer that:
- scales to multiple hosts, to overcome connection limitations put by IRC servers on a single host
- accepts multiple simultaneous client connections for the same IRC connection
- A sane API to control it
- has awesome dashboard and analytics, built in
We plan to ship ircb as a standalone, consumable product. It's eventually going to be used in waartaa as it's core engine to handle IRC connections.
This initial release ships with the following features:
- Allow multiple simultaneous client connection for a IRC network connection
- Support SSL connection to IRC server
- Basic CLI to create users, networks
- Autojoin previously joined channels on re connecting to IRC network
There's a lot of cool features to work on and ship. So, stay tuned for the next release.